Thursday, December 11, 2008

About Us...


** Updated February 2014 **

Welcome to

It's The Little Things...

I started this blog back in December of 2008 as a result of some very persistent encouraging from one of my best friends that I grew up with.

She said "You should start a blog".
I said "A what?"
She said "A blog." and wouldn't let it go.
So despite having no idea what I was getting myself into, I jumped in with both feet and, I have to say,
I am so happy that I did.

(Thanks for the push, Teri! XO)

So what is this blog all about?

Simply put...it's all about Home.

I document our projects, both big and small - from remodeling to rearranging and everything in between - so that we can look back and see all that we have accomplished on our journey of making this house our home. Except that this house, is now that house...

You will notice quite a large gap of time that has happened between postings, and that is the period of time when we were house hunting, then buying, then packing, then moving, then spending the next two years changing as much as we possibly could about our "new to us" house.

It was built in 1989, had no character to speak of, and by way of foil wallpaper and English countryside borders, and maroon (yes, maroon) formica, this house had it's previous owner's name written all over it. Every room we walked into and every time we turned the corner, it screamed "this is not home".
It wasn't "us". Not even a little. So, the transformation was inevitable.

Inevitable, not only because we wanted to make it truly ours,
but because transforming things is what we do!

My husband, Will, is my carpenter and tries to stay as behind the scenes as possible. But the truth is, when it comes to the big stuff, the changes that make the biggest impact, well...
he's just as much a part of that as I am!

Sprinkled throughout this blog are projects from crafts to construction, favorite recipes - old and new, pictures of our kids, and lots of found inspiration by way of other fantastic Home Decor and DIY Bloggers.

My hope is that you enjoy your visit and feel inspired when you leave.

Thanks so much for visiting!


XO





2 comments:

ruthy ann said...

such a cute blog! So glad I found it...and I'm in Tacoma too! :)

marie grabo said...

Hi Karla,
I'm trying to contact you via your contact us page but it says it it under construction since last January. I would love to add one of your photos to my ebook and would like your permission to do so. could you please let me know how to contact you? Marie@interior-decorating-diva.com. Thanks so much, Love your home! You inspired me to do my own with board and batten wainscoting.