Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just a peek...

...into my newly organized laundry room which holds...

...everything I need, at an arm's reach, including...

...a mending basket for clothes that need buttons sewn back on, as well as...

...the kids' art supplies and favorite games.

I now have plenty of room to sort, wash, dry and fold all within this room.
So while it may not be the laundry room of my dreams, like this...

...or this...

...or this...

...or even these...



...it is now a place that I am happy to be in and it functions perfectly as
just a laundry room!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

I think your laundry room loos pretty fantastic!

Wendy :)

Wendy said...

Sorry, that should be "I think your laundry room LOOKS pretty fantastic!"

NWlambear said...

Good job...looks great. And...hey...I have one of those washboards too....I love it. Picked it up years ago.

MeganSloan said...

Beautiful! I love your room!!! And I must say I love kids game that you have the picture of!

marty39 said...

Great laundry room. It is so nice to have everything at arms reach. Makes the job so much easier. Hugs, Marty

Sarah said...

Looks great! I love all the containers and baskets.

Dallin said...

I am truly ashamed and embarrassed at my laundry room...I will say that I have been after David for weeks to hang some shelves for me....so can I blame it on him?

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I Love it! I love your wooden basket with the handle on top. Super cute! That is a good idea to have a basket for mending buttons and such. Right now my mending pile is ontop of my dresser staring me in the eye. I need to get on that!!! I also love the clothespins in the jar. Very cute.

Design Ties said...

One day I hope to have a laundry room as fresh and inviting as yours... or better yet (and this isn't a knock on you/yours!!) one of those beautifully crafted laundry rooms! Eventually... right now it's a cold, ugly and uninviting room in the basement that I'm reluctant to go to!! But your post has given me hope!! :-)
Victoria (one half of DesignTies)