Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hooked On a Book...

As you can see, I've been utilizing my local library...

...maybe a little too well!

But what better way to preview a book before you buy it?
You can't beat FREE!

I've been lucky enough to find some great books,
all worth checking out!




I can't get enough of their style and the rooms that they create!

This book is not only a source of inspiration, but a how-to guide for furnishing and decorating a relaxed and comfortable home.

It is filled with beautiful pictures of architecture, furniture and decor.
But more importantly, they give insight into the thought processes and reasons why they decorated rooms the way they did, focusing on how the rooms would be used and function for the people who live in them.






There are even tips on giving your room a new furniture layout.

I definitely recommend this book!

The only problem is, I wish I had my own copy so I could put a marker in all of the pages that I don't want to forget! I'll have to see about making that happen. This book is a keeper, for sure!

Check out the books website for details, excerpts, and even tips on Comfort!

For even more inspiration, check out MGandBW.com
...................................................................................

Be sure to head over to
Hooked On Houses
to see what Julia is Hooked On this week,
along with all of the other posts in her
Hooked On Friday's Blog Party!

8 comments:

Connie said...

I JUST CAME ACROSS YOUR BLOG AND WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW YOU DO A WONDERFUL JOB WITH YOUR DECORATING.
I SPENT SOME TIME LOOKING THROUGH YOUR CHRISTMAS PICTURES AND FELT SO INSPIRED BY WHAT YOU DID WITH YOUR HOME.
BY THE WAY, I TOO LIVE IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST, JUST ABOUT AN HOUR SOUTH OF TACOMA.
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR TALENTS ON YOUR BLOG

leigh ann said...

I'll have to run to our library and check these out...thanks for the tips and your home is beautiful!

DesignTies said...

That looks like a fabulous book. Thanks for sharing!! I may have to add it to my home decor book collection :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I do the same thing--check out stacks of decorating books and then wish I could keep them. I hadn't seen this book, though. I'm writing it down so I can look for it next time I'm at the library.

Thanks for joining my party! :-)

Jennifer said...

I need to go check out some home decor books. I'll keep this one in mind!

Cass said...

I just may have to add this book to the stack of decorating books at the side of my favorite reading chair!

Lovely blog! How wonderful that you are pursuing a career doing something you love. When you do that, you never work a day -- because it's something you enjoy!

Cass

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

Hi Karla,

Thank you for following my blog, I love, love your blog! You have done a great job on your decorating, I spent some time on your rate my space. So impressed :)

xoxo,
Cathleen

JudyBug said...

I love my library. They let me check out as many as I want of magazines, novels, cookbooks... It saves me so much $$ on subscriptions, etc. Well, let's not talk about my late fees tho.

JudyBug