Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pink! Pink! And More Pink!


I should preface this post by saying that after having two boys, I was certain that I was never going to get my pink little girl. We were pretty darn sure that we were done after having two kids and I was learning to accept the fact that I would never be decorating a pink nursery for a baby girl of my own.

And then....in the summer of '05, I discovered that I was pregnant.

It was completely unexpected!

So, with some help from my friend, Jen, in AZ who came over and watched the boys, I took my husband out to dinner to tell him the news.

I handed him a present that said...


We were SO excited!

But I didn't dare hope that it was a girl.
I was certain it was going to be a boy.

At our 20 week ultrasound the tech told us that our baby was, in fact, a girl!

No way....

NO WAY!

It was hard to believe, but sure enough, 4 excruciatingly long months later, our sweet Baby Ellison arrived!
Perfectly Pink!

To say that I was "excited" would be an understatement.

And so began the introduction of the most feminine color into our home.

All of that being said,

Welcome to Ellison's room!


This was how we announced that we were pregnant to our family and friends.








I hand painted scallops all the way around her room.


And painted a polka-dot border up near the ceiling.



The yellow doll cradle was made for me by my grandparents when I was little.










Ellison's absolute favorite baby doll, Abby.




Notice the worn out copy of Cinderella that we read every night before bed.
It is well loved!












A picture of my mom on her 2nd birthday.



































Ellison's Tea Party table.





















I have to give credit to my husband - he made Ellison's bed! I had wanted to find a beautiful, old iron bed for her room, but he really wanted to make one for her. We designed it based off of a few different pictures that we had found and I love how it turned out.
And it is so much more special to have a bed made by her Daddy!


And, yes, I totally went over board on the pictures!

I just couldn't choose!


Thanks for taking the tour of Ellison's room!

I'm just waiting for the day when she says "Enough pink, already!"
I'm sure that day is coming...

But until then, pink it is!

.................................................................

To see more make-over's head on over to Metamorphosis Monday, hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch where you will find tons of great inspiration!

38 comments:

KD said...

Oh I can see you are a mommy of a GA2B (girl after two boys)!!! Her room is darling and BTW I love her name! Pink and green are my favorite combo. Enjoy it because soon she will boycot pink as my DD has done for the past two years!
~KD

Wendy said...

Love the pink. There are so many details I'm going to have to go back and read the post again.

I'm in the same boat, all boys. My DH said we should try for a girl. I told him we would end up with boy #3.

Wendy :)

kathi said...

Oh my goodness! Your little girl's room is beautiful! I love all of the pretty details! Had to go back and look at the all again and again! Your decorating style is amazing! What an inspiration you are!!

marty39 said...

Her room is just adorable. I love all the pink and the very unique accessories you chose for her. Love that cute little pink table you showed earlier for her tea parties. Just beautiful. Hugs, Marty

suzanne said...

I'm not a mom yet, but I hope that when the time comes, I'm blessed with a sweet little girl:) I love your daughter's room. Sweet, beautiful and very girly. Just perfect. All the details are really amazing!

Momovthree said...

Her room is so perfect! Love everything about it. That bed is so so special. I love all the little touches you put into the room, you can tell it is put together with a whole lot of love.

We had the same situation with our 3rd child, only the opposite. I didn't think we would ever get to decorate with blue. It was a great surprise to find out our third was a boy.
~Michelle

Dallin said...

In my head I am always planning a little girls room...probably means I will never have one. I totally want a chandelier in her room...! I love Ellison's room and love that it isn't so little girly that it can grow with her. Not a shocker that it looks so fantastic!

kimmcl said...

Omigoodness Karla! What an adorable room for a little girl! I will have to go over it again (and again and again!) just to make sure I don't miss anything! I have two girls myself, so we are all about pink over here! Love your blog. Stop by and visit me sometime. I will be following you from now on!!! ~Kim

Chandy said...

Beautiful choices for that room! Love the look. Great share, thanks!

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

What a beautiful room! I have two boys but many nieces and great nieces. So many great details ~~ sure to inspire others. My favourites: the variety of fabrics, paint details, the pink tea table, the cute signs but mostly the bed made by Daddy (how sweet). Thanks for sharing.

Jen from Windy Ridge said...

What a lovely lovely room! Dreamy!
Sabra's walls are pink but so far her room is sadly unadorned.

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW~
It is truly the prettiest little girl's room I have ever seen!

Lucky Ellison! ;)

Linda said...

Outstanding! That is a pink dream come true for a little girl! Linda

Angie said...

Your daughter's room is beautiful. It looks like you had a lot of fun decorating it.

Jesse said...

Hi there, first time to your blog. What a beautiful room! One of these days my lil girl will get a room all girled up, but for now she shares with her twin brother!

Hope your having a wonderful weekend!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful room, I am currently working on doing a room for my 10 year old and we might kill each other before we are done..love everything you did!

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Kara said...

Oh, I am sooo jealous-I have 4 boys, so no pink rooms at our house. I love every detail of this room, it is just stunning! Can't believe you painted all those scallops-they look amazing!

Hannah said...

Such a gorgeous room! Do you remember what color of pink you used? I need to find a pretty pink for my daughters room. Thanks!!

Autumn said...

Wow! What a fantastic room for a lucky little girl! The way each element comes together and the attention to detail is simply perfect! Great job!

Bethany and crew said...

You're so talented!! What a gorgeous room for a GA2B (I just saw that- HA)...I guess I would be called a Mama of a GA3B :)

The Gilliland Family said...

ADORABLE!! simply adorable :0) thanks for sharing. Amber

Jessica K. said...

WOW!! I think this is my ABSOLUTE favorite one! WOW!!!!

Megan said...

Ellison's room is adorable! I love everything about it! You did an excellent job on the walls, I would not have had that much patience. My little girl has the same bookcase too. =)

evwmom said...

ok, soooo in love, please come ad decorate my house!!!! look back on my show us where u live guest rooms, i have a good night sleep tight sign you may like. Your room brought me back to my childhood, I am stunned! Totally following your blog for now on, now I want to see the rest of the house. haha

The Gava Family said...

What a beautiful room

Sarah said...

Oh I love this room!

To The Moon and Back said...

Oh how I love this room. Precious and such a beautiful color.

Pam said...

I am happy you finally got your girl. What a cute room. Very shabby chic.

Kari said...

WOW. I seriously love her room! Can I live there!? haha Everywhere you turn there is preciousness!

Tara G. said...

Where do I even start?! The sneakers, the photo of the brothers, and the tea cups- those are my favorites! I think I want to be a little girl again with a room like this!

Alex and Jill said...

This is the sweetest little girl's room I've ever seen! My favorite part...the Chuck Taylors! :)

Great job!!

Kristin F. said...

I love Ellison's room! I am a huge fan of pink and green little girls rooms and this one is adorable. I love the wall treatment! Where did you find her bedding?

Katy said...

I absolutely love this room!

Annie@A View On Design said...

wowsa! I am getting my beauty rest - how gorgeous, I'm going to steal that idea! Love it!

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...

what a beautiful room! I love all the details. You can tell it was done with such love.
I especially appreciate the scallops - being a muralist - I can't imagine the time it took. They're lovely!

Messy Jessy said...

Very sweet! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Love your site... I clicked on it from a link on hooked on houses... I can't believe this but my daughter's name is Ellison as well. We call her Ellie. You're the first person I've ever seen with that name as well.