Monday, March 9, 2009

What a weekend!

On Sunday I celebrated my birthday with the help of my family!

The celebrating actually started on Thursday with lunch and some thrifting with my best friend. We ate at a new, super cute, absolutely delicious, Italian restaurant that was so good that it definitely needs to be shared with those of you that are local! I'll post more about that tomorrow.

The most exciting part of my birthday weekend was when my husband surprised me
(and I mean really SURPRISED me!)
with this:

I am
*in love*

Yes, with my husband,

but also with my new camera!

It takes the prettiest pictures!

Luckily, my camera savvy brother has been helping me figure out all of its tricks!

This particular gift was such a surprise because I had been hinting at, then suggesting, then asking for, then flat out begging for a new camera for the past two, maybe even three years!

I knew that we would eventually get one, but I certainly didn't expect it to be now!

So kudos to my usually unable-to-keep-a-secret-about-presents-that-he's-excited-about-husband, for not only getting me the best present I could have hoped for, but for keeping it a secret too! Job well done! You definitely surprised me this time!


DesignTies said...

Oh Karla... I'm so envious; I want a camera like that!! Lucky you :-)
And... belated Happy Birthday!
Victoria from EdinDesigns @ DesignTies

Maya@Completely-Coastal said...

Congratulations! And thanks so much for adding my blog to your roll (feel free to only use Completely Coastal and delete description)..., I'm off adding you to my blogroll as well.
Enjoy your camera. It's a beauty.

Dallin said...

I'm just gonna say...I am very jealous! Okay...I'm saying more...I really want that camera and tell David all the time...he then convinces me that I wouldn't want to tote it around all the time and the little camera I have takes excellent pictures...I then agree. Then I see the camera or pictures taken with the camera and I start the process all over again! (whine)

Tara said...

oh girl, you are going to have so much fun with that camera..I am a canon girl myself, so just that picture gave me goose bumps! enjoy and congrats on your award, what a great surprise! :)

Jill said...

It sounds like you had a great B-day! Happy Belated Birthday KS... xoxo

Charles & Amanda said...

Hi, my name is Amanda and I read your blog all the time because I love your decorating style and you make me laugh. I love your new camera and would like you to join the blog Read the side bar to find out how to join, its fun and its easy and you can learn alot of great stuff. Congrats on your birthday and your new camera. Amanda