Friday, April 3, 2009

Hooked On Daffodils...

Daffodils make it so easy to add some sunshine to any room.

This is what our days have been looking like up here in Seattle...

...day after day after day.

So a few rays of sunshine are a welcome treat!

I found these lovely rays at Trader Joe's - 10 stems for a little over $1.00.


Placed in a simple glass jar on the mantel...



...and near the front door, you can't help but cheer up when you look at them.





The weather reports are teasing us with the potential of sunshine over the weekend. While I don't want to get my hopes up, I am optimistic - we are all desperate for a change and a chance to soak up some good old Vitamin D!

But for now, Daffodils are an easy and inexpensive way to remind us that spring will, in fact, be making its appearance soon....we hope!

.....................................................................

To see what Julia is Hooked On this week head over to Hooked On Houses! And feel free to join in on the Party!

11 comments:

marty39 said...

Karla, I use to live in Bend, Ore. and I do know what your weather is like. It does seem to be overcast for such a long time. I love the daffodils and what a great idea to put them in the antique mason jar. They look so perfect that way. It really does brighten the spirits. Hope you weekend is sunny and bright. Hugs,Marty

Tara said...

I am hooked on Trader Joe's flowers too! those are gorgeous and you are right they surely brighten a gloomy day!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Trader Joe's -- what would we do without those stores? Such pretty daffodils...such a gorgeous POP of yellow. Lovely! Love them in the simple jar, too -- so pretty!
Cass

~~Deby said...

As I sit in my living room...some sun is squeaking out of the sky, with the promise of more, says King5 news....oh..I hope so...
I love daffodils and it is so fun just to see them growing of the freeway (512) and other spots...I do think Spring is here, Hooray
~debyarboads

The Animator's Wife said...

Daffodils are my all-time favorite flower. I love this time of year when they are everywhere and cheap to buy as cut flowers.

Thanks for the TJ's tip, that's a steal! I'll have to swing by tomorrow and grab a bunch or two to stick in a few mason jars I have laying around. Beautiful Simplicity. I love it!

The Summer Kitchen Interiors said...

Yea!! Can't wait for ours to appear. Nothing beats that bright sunny color!

The Tiny Homestead said...

how cheerful. must put that on my list of things to get when I'm running errands tomorrow!

DesignTies said...

Karla, these daffs are lovely... and they look just like the ones I have sitting on my kitchen table! Yep... we're having pretty much the same weather as you, so I needed to bring a little spring home with me. I love the fresh colour, and the blooms really make me happy!
Victoria @ DesignTies

~CC Catherine said...

Karla, I'm in GA and we've had some really rainy and dreary days this past week. I've said often, how do the people that live in the state of Washington do it with the weather there? Your daffodils are exactly what would help! They're lovely! ;) ~CC Catherine

ImagineCozy said...

It has been looking like that here in Utah as well.

I have some daffodils growing in my front yard --- I should bring them in! Thanks for the inspiration.

Things That Inspire said...

Your daffodils look beautiful! Daffodils always remind me of bringing my daughter home from the hospital. When I left for the hospital, no blooms. When I returned with my new baby, the daffodils had come out. What a happy memory!