Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Got It!

The Junk Headboard on the side of the road that I was
talking about yesterday...

I got it!

I can't believe it was still there!

A full 24 hours had passed and the only things from the "Free Stuff" pile that were left were the headboard and a lonely computer monitor.

I'd say it was meant to be!

When my husband came home last night I said

"Did you see it? Out in the garage?"

and he said

"Ya. It's a piece of junk!"

tsk-tsk...

Ye of little faith!

Keep in mind that's exactly what he said about the black dresser sitting in our entryway that he now loves!

Don't get me wrong, this thing is not pretty right now.

But if you look past what it is and see what it could be...

I have no doubt that it can be...no, it will be something great!


It has some definite worn spots, but like always, I see that as character!

I'm not looking for perfection!


Now the decision lies in whether to keep it as a headboard

OR

re-purpose it as something entirely new!

I'm leaning towards the latter!

It's always more fun to turn things into something unexpected!

Stay tuned...

I have no idea how long it will take, but you can be sure I will be posting the "after" pictures!

Wish me luck with the transformation!

13 comments:

Ashley said...

I can see this used as the back of a bench. very pretty.

kimmcl said...

Now Karla - you call that a piece of junk??? It looks perfect to me!! So glad that it was there for you when you went back! And thanks for the pictures - good girl!

Wendy said...

I'm with Ashley, I see it as a bench.

Kara said...

Lucky you-glad it was still there. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

AnNicole @ OurSuburbanCottage said...

That is so cool! I can't believe it was still there! Great find.

Sarah said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see what you create. :)

marty39 said...

Oh I am so glad it was still there. I love it and can't wait to see what you do with it. So many options. Hugs, Marty

kathi said...

Great find! Happy that it was still there waiting for you! I would have grabbed it too. Sometimes I just pick things up without a clue what to do with them. Usually if you like something, you'll find a great use for it someday!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Oh yeah, make it into something cool!
Husbands, they just don't have any imagination, do they? :)

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Husbands never see the idea in our heads like we do. Mine probably does not even notice when I change pictures around on the wall or the direction of the couch!?! ;) What a great find. I see it as a bench also...unless you have a bed for it to go on! I am sure whatever you choose to do it will be lovely! Your work always is!

Karla said...

LOL! You guys make me laugh! :) I love your comments!

Kimmcl - I think the pictures actually make it look better than it really is! But we're working on it - hopefully it will be fabulous when it's finished! :)

Ashley - "shopping the side of the road", LOL! I had never heard it called that before. Too funny, and so true! :)

Kathi - I totally agree!!

Kimm - no, they don't! :)

DomesticDivasFancy - LOL! My husband can be the same way! Thanks so much for the compliment! You're very sweet!

Thanks for visiting, everyone!

~Karla

Chandra said...

Great find! I have the same problem...my husband never knows what I'll bring home!!

Jen from Windy Ridge said...

Awesome find!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it. When you are done go ahead and ship to PO box 429. Thank you.