Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In The Cookie Jar - Week Eight...

Can you guess what kind of cookies we made this week?

Peanut Butter Blossoms

I got the recipe straight from the Hershey's Kitchens website.

Owen has been asking to make these ever since he saw an ad in a magazine for them at Christmas time!

I decided it was time to give in...

They're super easy to make!

And yummy too!

Note: It took hours for the Hershey's Kisses to become solid again after adding them to the tops of the just baked cookies, which means that several hours passed before I was finally able to put them into the cookie jar! It proved slightly difficult to keep three sets of little hands away from the oh-so-tempting cookies!

However, they had a great time adding the Kisses to the top!
Lots of fun for them!



To see past In The Cookie Jar posts click here!


Anonymous said...

I love those are so diligent about filling the cookie jar, so sweet!

Tara said...

Sorry, fat fingers today, that was me that left that comment! AHH!

june@craftyniche said...

My gosh, those look GOOD!

Terry said...

Oh wow
These are a traditional favorite in my family.
I have an Aunt who has been baking these for over 40 years for gifts at christmas.
No one would ever let her stop because we all love our annual Christmas kiss from Aunt Jo !
Thanks for sharing this it brought back sweet memories for me.
Blessings to you!

Cherry's Jubilee said...

YUMMMMMMMMM. Why oh why do I have to be on a diet...cherry

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

These are one of my favorite cookies of all time! My mom and I make them every Christmas.

Just a tip for the chocolate problem. Hersheys sells mini kisses already unwrapped in a bag. We put 3 of them on a cookie and they harden up much faster. And then you have a kiss for every bite. :)

TheOldPostRoad said...

Cute blog!

Lori said...

I am going through your old posts as you can see! I make these every Christmas and the girls at work call these "boobie cookies". They are a favorite!