Saturday, May 23, 2009

All About Benches...

Donna over at Funky Junk Interiors
is spotlighting benches today!

She's added ours to the line up...

Thank you, Donna!

It's an honor to be featured on your blog!

The bench below sits in her own backyard. She decided against treating the wood as she was instructed to do and let the wood age naturally...

Don't you think it fits in perfectly with its surroundings?

Head on over to Funky Junk Interiors to see more benches!

And while you're there, take a look around...

Donna is full of great ideas and makes it all look so easy!

Be sure to check out her Fireplace Makeover - you won't be disappointed!


Simone said...

I love your bench - how original too! Just lovely.
Happy Week-end,
Simone :)

Olive Rue said...

I love those, Karla. We have a mint green bench at the shop that has been made out of a vintage head & footboard. I love the starfish garland you have on the sidebar. Did you make that?

Terry said...

Hi Karla
Thank you for sharing these awesome photos today.
I love benches we use them everywhere.
All sizes and shapes.
I love yours. It is simply wonderful.
Happy Memorial weekend to you.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Oh you sweetie pie you! What a nice way to thank someone for spotlighting them. Seems spotlighting goes both ways!

Enjoy those benches!! :)

Funky Junk Donna

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I love your bench. Can't wait to check out the link you offered. :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I tagged you for an award on my blog today. No need to follow-up. I just wanted you to know you're blog is one of the fabulous ones I've recently discovered. ;)

Karla said...

Olive Rue - no, I didn't make the starfish garland. I bought it downtown on the pier, but it looks like it would be really easy to make! Hmmm, that would be a great future project.... (:

Amanda - Thank you!! :)

Thanks for visiting, everyone! And thanks for leaving your comments! I appreciate it! XO


Brenda said...

I have always loved benches. They catch my eye immediately wherever I am shopping, because one might just come home with me!