Thursday, May 7, 2009

In The Cookie Jar - Weeks Ten and Eleven...

Yes, week Ten of In The Cookie Jar passed by without any cookies being baked...

But, in my defense, I didn't forget! It has just been a busy past couple of weeks for us!

Luckily, my kids didn't have to go without.
(As if it would have killed them to have to go without cookies for a week? Hardly! But it does make them happy and I did make a promise!)

What I wasn't anticipating when I began my weekly filling of the cookie jar, was how many cookies I would be able to freeze and save for later! So, like last week, when there wasn't a free day to bake, I just grabbed a bag of frozen (but still homemade!) Snickerdoodle's and the kids never knew the difference!


This week I had to use what ingredients I had in the pantry. Ellison got sick yesterday and running to the store today wasn't an option. After looking through the top rated cookie recipes on I found this recipe for:

Soft Chocolate Cookies

A simple recipe with few ingredients that was perfect for add-in's!
We had a bag of Mint Chips in the freezer just begging to be used!

No complaints about this recipe at all!

Quick and easy!

No complaints from the kids either!

*Notice the small finger on the left side of the picture*
She could barely contain herself!



To see past In The Cookie Jar posts, click here!


Angie said...

Those cookies look really good.

JBH or Mom said...

Yes I've been stalking your blog for months. Not sure if I have commented here or not...

So today as I was reading your cookie jar recipes, I found the chocolate one intriguing. Merely for the fact that the ingredients were simple and I had them on hand. I got out the butter and once softened, I made them.

They turned out great! Definitely a milk cookie (meaning too rich to have alone). Tastes like brownies. My hubby will be taking almost 2 dozen to work tomorrow while the rest of us (me & two kids) enjoy the remainder.

Thanks for sharing!


Karla said...

Julie - that's great! I'm glad you guys like them too! Super easy, right? :)

Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to "meet" you!


Tara said...

Karla, those cookies with the mint chips look so yummy!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, Happy mother's day! XO