Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In The Cookie Jar - Week Thirteen...

This weeks "cookie" isn't really a cookie at all...

...but it works perfectly In The Cookie Jar, so it counts!

Last week I had asked if anyone had a great recipe for lemon cookies.

I got this response from Ashley:

Yummm... these aren't exactly cookies but they are heavenly and your lemon cookies prompt suddenly made my mouth water as I started thinking about these...

Paula Deen's Lemon Blossoms

If you've never tried them you MUST!

So, try them we did!

And THANK YOU, Ashley!

They're beyond easy - anybody could make these!

They're quick, they take very few ingredients and the results are worth far more than the effort that it takes to make them!

Just 12 minutes in the oven in mini cupcake tins, then a quick dunk in a sweet, fresh, lemon glaze and you've got a two-bite treat that's perfect for spring and summer!

Oh - and they look super cute stacked up in the cookie jar!

Ashley summed it up perfectly and it's worth repeating...

If you haven't tried them, you must!


To see past In The Cookie Jar posts, click here!


Ashley said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked them! There was never any doubt though. Haha! My mom first told me about these and now they are our first go-to treat for showers and dinners, etc. They are homemade and easy and always get rave reviews!

Karla said...

Hi Ashley! :)

I totally agree - once I tasted one I thought they would be perfect for baby showers, bridal showers, birthdays, picnics, BBQ's...etc! Needless to say, we're big fans! :)

Thanks again for passing the recipe along to us!


M @ Therapy By Decorating said...

I just caught myself up on all of your baking, they all sound so good! I think you have inspired me to do this same weekly tradition with my family. Now I just need to figure out a way to keep my son from ONLY eating cookies! It's also a great excuse to HAVE to buy a cookie jar! Thanks for the ideas!

Karla said...

M - yes, creating a reason to have to buy a cookie jar is great! :) And as far as the kids only wanting to eat cookies - it really hasn't been that hard! They know that they get one for lunch and one after school and that's it. And they're fine with it. Surprisingly! :)

And if you do start this, share your recipes! I'm always looking for a good one!


Erin said...

Haha...I am such a lurker but today I had to say something BECAUSE Lemon Blossoms are my secret must bring dish to any group gathering. They are moist and refreshing. Love them..glad someone else is enjoying this delight as much as me. :)

Mary Beth Smith said...

I loved this recipe I tried this pasted Thanksgiving but one day for my 4 yr olds class party I was in a pinch to make something good but quick...NEW IDEA...I ran and bought some mini orange and lemon muffins from the Kroger deli and made the lemon glaze for them. The kids and parents ate them up immediately! I got tons of compliments and they tasted homemade!

Lisa said...

Hi Karla,
I just recently found your blog and have been going through the archives. If you're still looking for a lemon cookie, these are my favorite!

The lemon blossoms look delicious, but I thought you might like to try something different!