Thursday, June 11, 2009

Custom Color Chalkboard Paint...


Did you know that you can custom color your chalkboard paint?

Waaay back in January of 2007, MarthaStewart.com posted instructions on how to do it...


What ingredients to mix, the ratios, as well as the necessary supplies...


I am loving this coral color!



Check out this blue...


...and this pantry whose chalkboard surface seamlessly ties into the rest of the door...




This is quite clever...





Of course, there's nothing wrong with the traditional green...


...or the oh-so-chic black that is all the rage these days...

Image courtesy of CoastalLiving.com


Image courtesy of CountryLiving.com


Image courtesy of CountryLiving.com



But I have to say, that coral color is speaking to me.

My black chalkboard may be nearing the end of it's days to make way for a more lively color!

It seems easy enough!



If you're looking for a little chalkboard inspiration before you take the plunge, check out

Crystal's gorgeous new chalkboard over at Olive Rue

and

Melaine's kitchen wall over at My Sweet Savannah

(talk about taking the plunge! She dove right in!)



I have a whole slew of other projects that need to get done before I take this on, but when I do, I'll let you know how it goes!
And if you decide to try whipping up your own custom colored chalkboard paint, come back and share your review with me!
I would love to hear about it!





8 comments:

Kathi said...

Wow. I didn't know that you could get chalkboard paint in colors!
I might just have to try it!
Love your photos and links too!

~Kristen~ said...

Ohmygosh that sage green chalkboard door...{{{sigh}}} Love it! I am getting ready to do a chalkboard finish in my kitchen and I plan on framing it out. Now I can't wait!!!

Stephanie O. said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I love this fun, creative post. I've always just used the black chalkboard paint, but now have printed off the instructions to try this new approach. Thanks so much.

Tara said...

I love this idea...wonder if I could do yellow...i need to check this out!! I actaully think colored would be better for me since I can't stand it when you see the reaser marks! ;)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ooooo--I really like the blue! :) Great photos. :)

Olive Rue said...

Well I was wondering why I was getting all these hits from your page??? Lol. You are so sweet. Thanks for the shout out. I've def got chalkboard fever.

Terry said...

Hi Karla
thank you so much for this awesome information.
I love chalkboards.
have used them everywhere for years .
I did not know how to mix the colors .
This was so exciting.
Thank you so very much.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Or, buy any color from this place (it seems to have just launched): http://hudsonpaint.com. I love their case studies: http://www.hudsonpaint.com/our-ideas/