Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tropical Coral...


That's my color...


Well, not my color (my color falls somewhere in the beachy blue family), but it is the color that I chose as my FREE quart from the Glidden Promotion a while back, and it just arrived today!


I wanted to choose something that felt a little out of my comfort zone - something that (if I actually had to involve my own wallet) would make me think twice (or three or four times!) before walking up to the paint counter and saying:

"Mix me up a quart of this, please!"


That's the swatch from the Glidden website up there, and it's pretty tame compared to the actual color!

I had been wanting to add a color like this as an accent to the interior of the kids' playhouse! So when I went to claim my FREE quart from their website, I knew exactly which direction to scroll, without any hesitation!


So...many thanks to the kind folks at Glidden for the FREE quart of paint!

You managed to get quite a few of us DIY'ers very excited!

And, just for the record (still speaking to those kind folks at Glidden), I'm all for this sort of giveaway again!

Just in case you were contemplating whether you should do it again...


Now, off to shop the house to find playhouse decor that will get a fresh coat of Tropical Coral...




16 comments:

Vivienne said...

I ordered one within my comfort zone, but I am happy to live vicariously through your playhouse!
:) Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

You are brave and creative! I wanted to pick a *fun* color, but I just wasn't sure what to use it on. I went with black b/c I know I'll use it. :) Can't wait to see what you choose to paint!

Meg said...

I'm so jealous! I meant to order some... I even went to the Home Depot to see the swatches in person and picked out Swiss Coffee to paint some furniture with but kept getting distracted and never made it back to the computer to order it! Let's hope they do it again!
Yay for free paint!

~Meg

Karli @ RockyBella said...

I can't wait to see it up on the walls. Good for you to go out of your comfort zone! I like the pink.

Rebekah said...

So pretty! Can't wait to see that playhouse!

I got mine this week, too- Candy Apple Red. This was a FANTASTIC promotion for Glidden! I have red accents throughout the downstairs my house so I figure I can use it here and there, but it was scary enough that, like you said, I probably wasn't going to go into the paint store and ask them to mix it for me! I have a stool in my kitchen that I'm planning to paint this week and then, who knows?

Roxanne said...

I was so disappointed...they were all out by the time I went to order...but I probably would have played it safe!

Kathi said...

Lovin' that color! I'm off to find something just like that for my dollhouse bed! (in progress)
Can't wait to see the painted playhouse!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I went 100% in my comfort zone. I haven't gotten mine yet, so hopefully it will come soon.

That is a super fun color thought!

Delightful Dwelling said...

What a fun color. I know several people got there paint a week or two ago and I'm still waiting for mine. Happy painting!

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

Looking forward to seeing that playhouse!

Maya said...

It looks delicious and the name sounds perfect!

Marie said...

Hello Karla - love your coral! I got my paint this week...True Turquoise. Looking forward to seeing the playhouse!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Sandi a::k::a KnitMyRhino said...

I received mine last week, thanks to you! I must be crazy, but I got the red geranium...I am going to paint my mailbox! Maybe that way, my hubby will see it and stop knocking it over.
Thanks for hooking us up with the freebie on twitter!

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

A FUN FUN FUN color! Looking forward to seeing what you do... Janell

Tina said...

That is gorgeous color and actually very close to the color I might chose for my office color... I'm torn between a coral and a turquoise much like true turquoise from glidden :) cant wait to see the end result of your painting!

Jennifer said...

Your choice of paint for your free quart made me think of my front door. I built my house two years ago and kept the exterior body, trim, and shutters safe, neutral colors so that I could have a fun colored front door - I picked coral for the first color. I plan to change to a fun green in a couple of years to mix things up. I love the CORAL and you hope you will too!