Thursday, August 27, 2009

Give Me Five...

The September issue of House Beautiful magazine
(one of my favorites)
is all about

Inside the pages are fun tests to see what your true color personality is.

Like this one...

All about numerology:


Take each letter in your first and last name and find its corresponding number on the chart. Add up all of the numbers, then reduce the total to a single digit.


K a r l a S w o v e l a n d

2 + 1 + 9 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 5+ 6 + 4 + 5 + 3 + 1 + 5 + 4 = 50

5 + 0 = 5

My number, based on my name, is five.

5 = Blue

So my numerology color personality is blue and here is the description:

Optimistic, empathetic, flexible, idealistic, tranquil, patient, devoted.
A natural mother.

Nice! I'll take it!

I wonder what color I was with my maiden name?

I'll have to try it and see!

To see all of the color descriptions, check out

And there's more color fun...

Are you a sunrise? Or a sunset?

Q&A Color Personality Quiz

What does this color say?

Along with a list of

Color websites worth a visit


Will you play along?

What color are you?


Jenn said...

9. Gold: Radiates love, joy, compassion, and understanding.

Wow. I think that's true.
This stuff is great! I love it!

Sarah said...

I did it with my name...hyphenated and not and got the same number. :)

6. Indigo: A brilliant old soul who is intuitive, sensitive, impulsive, curious, and ambitious, with a great lust for life.

I love it! Totally true about me.

Joanna said...

5. Blue

That is so true. Especially the mother part. ;o)

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

7 ~ Violet: Also an old soul. Intense, cerebral, wise, loving, generous, sentimental, and artistic.


Lindy said...

I'm a six... indigo. It fits me!

Dallin said...

Gold as a married chic...Violet when I was single. I think the Gold describes me a little better...but some things about Violet may also be true. Love stuff like that!

Aubree @ The Weathered Cottage said...

I'm a Rose! Turns visions into realities! So true with this little home!

Aura said...

Why am I the only confused one??! I got 38, do I reduce to the three?

Sarah said...

I'm yellow: "Cheerful, charming, magnetic, intelligent, confident, and creative. Somewhat psychic, and enigmatic. A good leader and negotiator."

I LOVE yellow! It's pretty much true...not sure about the psychic bit. ;)

Mrs. Foot said...

Blue here, and I'd say it's right on!

Thanks for posting this :)

Candle Anne said...

I tried both my married and maiden names and surprisingly came up with the same number, 3.

Yellow: Cheerful, charming, magnetic, intelligent, confident, and creative. Somewhat psychic, and enigmatic. A good leader and negotiator. And it describes me better than any of the others.

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I'll have to try this!! I added you to my blogroll, just wanted to let you know! ;)

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

My married name: 7 Violet
My maiden name: 1 RED