Saturday, August 22, 2009

Leave It To Pottery Barn To Get Me In The Mood...


For Fall, that is!

Come on - you know this isn't that kind of blog.

...............................................

I just got the September 2009 Pottery Barn catalog out of my mail box and, after looking through its pages, I couldn't help but have a slight longing for Autumn...


changing leaves, shorter days, sweaters, boots, apple cider, cozy blankets, crackling fires, pumpkins, corn stalks and hay bales...


Don't get me wrong - I am not ready for summer to be over, but...

once it is, I think I'll be ok with it.


But then again, I love to decorate for Fall.

It is one of my favorite times of the year.

.........................................


So tell me, do these pictures make you long for Fall?

Maybe just a little bit?









all photos courtesy of PotteryBarn.com


Just in case you're not quite ready for the Autumn season,
here's hoping for many more days of Summer ahead!

September is typically beautiful here. One of the best months out of the whole year, if you ask me! Perfect for end-of-summer barbeque's with friends and family and enjoying beautiful sunsets...


Like my wishful thinking?

We can never truly count on sunny days up here in the Pacific Northwest, but it certainly can't hurt to hope for a couple more weeks of nice weather!


If you are ready for cooler weather and falling leaves, check out these great sites for more Fall decorating inspiration:


Seasonal Decorating - Autumn Inspiration

Ideas For Fall Decorating

Fall Window Boxes

Bulb-Planting Party
(I LOVE this idea!)

Fall's Front Entry

Easy Autumn Color





13 comments:

june@craftyniche said...

Oh my gosh, those decorations makes me want cooler days!

duchess said...

I've been feeling the "fall fever" for the last week. It's probably the 96 degree temps but I'm ready for bonfires, apple cider & pumpkin spice latte's from Starbucks.
Thanks for the eye candy - I need to get my decorating plans together.

Shanty2Chic said...

Ooooh... Love all these!! Can't wait to start shopping pumpkins again! Thanks for reminding me!
~Whitney

Colleen said...

Summers are miserable in the South so believe me, I am ready for Fall. It is actually my favorite time of the year and I love decorating for it. I picked up a couple of new ceramic pumpkins yesterday but I am dying for the trip to the farmers market to load up on lots of real pumpkins and gourds, mums and pansies! Can't wait for apple pies and hot chocolate. I adore Fall!

marty39 said...

Karla, these pictures are so inspiring. I am so ready for fall. It is and has been such a hot summer, that I am really thinking fall and hoping it gets here soon. Hope you have a great day. Hugs, Marty

vintage at heart said...

It is my favorite time of year and these images are just what I need to get busy and do some end of Summer purging and get ready for these yummy colors of Fall!
Thanks for the sites .. I am off to browse!!
Blessings to you!

Chris said...

Believe me...I'm already there! I don't wish for summer to be over by any means, but I do love fall and everything that comes with it (except for going back to work). Great pictures!

motherof3fellows said...

I LOVE Pottery Barn for great inspiration! I can't wait for Fall. :)

Melissa said...

OH I know!!! I am SO in the mood for Fall right now. Yesterday on the way to work I was pretty sure it was fall, I sensed something in the air, lol! Gracious, I just love it! (sigh)

Pam @ This Humble House said...

Great post! Thanks for the inspiration links! I can't wait for fall!

~ Pam

Angie said...

It's my FAVORITE time of year to decorate!! It's the only time I throw parties- I have an annual childrens Halloween party that I've been throwing since my oldest was 3. SO much fun!!

Embellished Bayou said...

I need some of those silver (mercury glass?) pumpkins for my kitchen this fall! Unfortunately we probably have at least two more months of high temps here in Louisiana & I don't really start decorating for fall until October!

Lola said...

LOVE these ideas! I am so looking forward to Fall, I have already started to collect some of my own Fall inspiration :)