Friday, August 21, 2009

The Space Formerly Known As The Dining Room...

...has now been taken over by its new occupants.

The room isn't finished yet. Not even close. But they just can't wait for it to become their new
playroom!

They've already started moving in...





Progress had to be put on hold because Will got called out to fly, but the kids are happy to have the space, whether it's a finished room or not!

Thanks to them, this room has been used more in the past few days, then it has in the full two years that we have lived here. It's nice to know the house is finally working for us, rather than forcing ourselves to use the rooms only as they were intended.


Time for me to start putting together a design plan...

the fun part!





P.S. Thanks for all of your kind words and motivation on this project! I love reading your comments - you're the best cheerleaders! And it's nice hearing from those of you that have taken on changing a room like this before. Thanks for the warnings to be prepared for the dust. At least now, I know what to expect!
And Janell, your comments make me laugh every time. I think you just might be more excited about this than I am! :)
Thanks for following along!

7 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

They moved in already?! I hope they have at least signed their lease. ;) I think it's awesome that you are actually using your room. We just sort of walk through our DR to get to the addition. Sad....

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

Hi Karla.
The new playroom is wonderful! Why be a slave to the "intended use" of your home? I'm sure the kids will love it, and of course it will be agood way for you to keep the kid stuff corraled to one area of the house.
BTW, I love the time capsule. Such a cool idea!!

XO*Tricia

Kim said...

How exciting for your kids!!

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

I opened this post and am shocked at the progress...you two move fast! I like to draw things out as long as possible to squeeze every ounce of blogging from each project.
Can't wait to see the decorating details, and THANKS for the mention! Janell

The DIY Show Off said...

What fun! They're all so cute - love the pix!

I can't wait to see it completed!

Roeshel

Mrs. Petrie said...

What a great use for a room you rarely use! I didn't realize it was going to be a playroom. I really like that you closed off the entrance from the front hall. Makes for a cleaner entry to not see toys all over the place. Congrats!

Embellished Bayou said...

Good for you for making the change! My mom did the same thing with her "formal" living room a couple years ago. They only used this big gorgeous room once or twice a year or when company was over and watched TV in the small dark den. She finally made the decision to move the TV into the living room and make the whole room more comfy and liveable. It's now my favorite room of their house! Good luck with all the finishing touches.