Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Playroom Renovation Is...Complete!

You have no idea how happy it makes me to be able to say that!

Ok, I'm sure some of you do -

But I had no idea how happy I would be to say that in the end!

We finally got the doors in and once that happened, there was nothing stopping the progress.

Quickly, Will's work was done and it was time for me and my paint brush to take over!

All of the molding went up around the new walls seamlessly - like they had always been there...

and it looks fantastic painted!

I'm still putting the finishing touches on the inside of the room (I'll show you soon!) and touching up paint on the new walls outside of the room...

which leads me to this project...

I know - "what the heck is that?", right?

Ok, I'll give you a sneak peek, but only because it's just so exciting...

I have lots more painting ahead of me today, but more important than that...

today is the first day of school for my baby boys!

(I wonder at what age I'll stop calling them my babies? I don't see it happening anytime soon.)

Our oldest is starting second grade.

And our youngest boy (our middle child) is starting kindergarten...all day long!


I'll admit it...

Today will be hard.

I was telling Will last night that it's not so much about having them gone (although, after all summer together, it will be a weird change), but more about not being their main caregiver anymore. As a stay-at-home-mom, I've been with Owen since the day he was born, but as of today, for the first time...he'll be under the care of his teacher for 6 & 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week.

Ok, I better stop...I'm getting emotional already!

Speaking of their teachers though, they both got who we wanted for them! So that's a great feeling!

Will and I will be helping out at the school today with the kindergartener's during lunch (so at least I will get to see Owen and how he's doing!) while Ellison has a playdate with two of her favorite friends. After that, I'll be painting - and I promise to update with better pics!

Have a great day, everyone!


Robin said...

very exciting. I'm guessing that's going to be a hall bench with coat hooks???

Dallin said...

can't wait...quick question...we are going to put up bead board in our kitchen under our you use a roller when you paint it? or a brush? And I finally finished Ds dresser...I'll put up pics today.

Missy Luukkonen said...

I can't wait to see the finished product!!!! It is coming along very nicely!

Dallin-We used a rolled to paint our bead bord, gives it a really nice, even finish!


L.Duncan said...

Can't wait to see the playroom! And I can really understand how you feel about the kids still being your babies. I'm not ready for mine to start school (because I'll always wonder if everyone is playing nice!), but kids get so excited about meeting new friends and learning new things! Sometimes I think they handle leaving us better than we handle leaving them (does that make sense?).

Down Home DIY said...

I LOVE your blog! I mentioned you on my post on The Decorating Voice Blog today. Hope that's OK!


Isabella & Max Rooms said...

My kids DO NOT ALLOW me to call them my babies...the looks I get! Mine start next week, all day kindergarten and 3rd grade! Yes, I'll be sad...but I'll also be happy!
The playroom...well, the exterior is outstanding! Love the peak through the doors and the sign beyond...what a tease! Show us more!

Chris said...

Sp looking forward to seeing what you are hiding behind those doors .
Just Beachy

Girly Gatherings said...

Oh Honey, I know EXACTLY how you feel! My son started second grade this year and my daughter started all day Kindergarten too. She wants to take the bus. Riiiight.

Good times! Your home looks fab!

MegJill said...

You have the best before and afters around. So, I thought you'd like to know how much I LOVE your front door! I have that page bookmarked, and over the weekend I redid the front door to our new house! I used the same paint color as you (THANKS for sharing the info.) and our house numbers are REALLY similar. So, basically it looks like your door on our house! I wrote about it on my blog, so feel free to come take a look. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Lori E said...

Oh I saw the photo there of the shelving unit. It will be a great addition to the hallway.

Anonymous said...

I'll let you know when you can stop calling them babies. My baby just turned 21 and he's still my baby, just scary big.