Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's All In The Details...


That being said, I'm not quite finished with all of the little details in our Master Bedroom makeover.

It's getting there though!

And as soon as it's complete, I will give you the big reveal!

But until then, here are a few photos to show you just a hint of what is to come...












Keep in mind that nothing was purchased for this makeover.

We have simply done some re-arranging, some re-purposing and a lot of re-thinking in order to make an awkward space work for us.


We're loving the way the room makes us feel now!

Because that's really what it's all about, right?

The way your home makes you feel...

coming home to a space that is uniquely yours...

making it work for you...

....................................................


Today we're celebrating a certain someone's 6th birthday with his friends...

so I have an Ice Cream Cake to make, balloons to fill, and streamers to hang!

Wish us luck with all of the little kiddos!




11 comments:

Annie@A View On Design said...

so sorry to hear about your DH's work, this is not nice news, however, you can no celebrate the boys b'day, hopefully all your woes will sway away for a while - have fun!

Aura said...

We re-did our Master bedroom this Spring and I still smile every time I walk into the room! It makes such a huge difference. I feel like I even sleep better, now.

Missy Luukkonen said...

I can not wait to see the finished project! Makeovers are so fun, and it is even better that nothing was purchased for it!

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

Love the white branches, the books (I see we have some of the same ones!), the stack of Cottage Living Magazines, sigh..:(

Looking forward to the reveal, you are inspiring me to give our master a small little tweak!

All the best! Janell

Lori E said...

We are a snoopy bunch aren't we. Can't wait. I have stacks of magazines and am always looking for some way to keep them without lookin messy.

AnNicole @ OurSuburbanCottage said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see! I'm laughing about the stack of Cottage Living magazines. I have my own stack of CL magazines too...that I lovingly flip through every so often. I'm sooo glad I never threw them away!

Have a great weekend!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love it when you can change an entire room just by rearranging, shopping from your house, and rethinking how to use things. I can't wait to see the result!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I don't think it's fair for you to tease us with those shots. ;) What I see looks great!!! Hope the party went well. :)

L.Duncan@home23duncanboys said...

can't wait to see it!!! everything look great so far!

The romance chick said...

Excited to see the big reveal! ( :

Down Pillow said...

Beautiful pillow & throw - looking forward to seeing the finished room :)