Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I've Been Featured...


Many thanks to Kim from

Today's Creative Blog

for featuring me!

What a great surprise!

You can read her post here.

Bonus: She's pretty funny...

She had Will and I both laughing!



If you haven't been to Kim's blog before, you must check it out.

You won't be disappointed!

...............................................................................


So last night I discovered that our out-of-town guests that are coming to stay with us on Wednesday are actually coming...

TODAY!

I'm still trying to figure out how in the world I wrote the date on the calendar wrong?

But either way, I have my best friend from Arizona and her perfectly sweet, adorably chubby, 10 month old baby girl, Chloe, coming to stay with us through Saturday.
(I'm extremely partial to chubby babies. Our boys were that way!)

To say that Ellison and I are just a little bit excited would be an understatement!


I will surely be preoccupied with our guests and, likely, not doing much posting, but I'm sure I won't be able to stay away for long...I have another project to share.

There was some room swapping happening here yesterday.

(I think it goes without saying that had I known Shana and Chloe were coming today and not Wednesday, I would not have taken on such a large task, but I didn't...and you know Will and I...we saw an opportunity and made it happen)

We currently have an extremely happy 7 year old and a not-so-happy-but-he'll-get-used-to-it 6 year old.

After much consideration, we split the boys up. They've shared a bedroom ever since Owen was 15 months old. That's almost the past 5 year's.

So how did we give each of our kids their own bedroom when we have 5 people living in a 3 bedroom house?

Can you guess?

...........................................................

I'm off to get the house ready for our guests, then it's off to the airport!

Have a great day, everyone!



9 comments:

Your cool friend Cheryl said...

Congrats on being featured! Have fun with your friends and that chubby baby! :)

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

Yes, I saw the post on you over at Today's Creative Blog, very cool!
Enjoy your company...and I'm puzzled, no I can't figure it out. Another room turned into a bedroom?
Janell

Maya said...

Well, congrats. I love all the beachy things you do!!

AnNicole @ OurSuburbanCottage said...

Congrats! Have a great time wtih your guests!

Kindy Lynn said...

Here from TCB. Love love love the bat idea and im gonna have to try the punpkin thing too! Im hooked now!

TidyMom said...

Congrats!!! you deserve to be featured there!!

~TidyMom

Cynthia @An Accomplished Woman said...

Oh that is so great. Congrats. What a honor but you totally deserve it!!

Michelle Torres said...

Hello Karla, and a super congrads to you too!!!! I know you are so busy right now with the lovely friends you have visitng, but I have been a follower of yours for awhile now, and I absolutely enjoy your blog, sooooo what I am trying to get at (hee hee) is that being you are so creative and gifted I wanted to see if you have any good suggestions for my up coming house warming party here in a few weeks? I only need maybe dinner menu ideas.....Yes I know thats probaly crazy to ask of you, but hey I thought Id give it a shot, since you are sooooo smart.... Thanks Karla, and you enjoy your friends and thanks for all teh inspirations.....


Michelle Torres
cingulwasme@aol.com

Priscila said...

congrats!!!
Im having a giveaway over at my blog: littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com if you would like to drop by and check it out!
xo
Priscila