Thursday, November 5, 2009

Starve A Cold, Feed A Fever...


You know that saying, right?

Well, yesterday my mom showed up at my door with steaming hot, Chicken Noodle Soup from Metropolitan Market, warm sourdough rolls and...

these...


Feed a fever?

Gladly!

(Granted, my fever is gone, but I'm still under the weather, so I'm just going to go with it!)


Thanks, Mom!


Peppermint Frangos definitely make it feel like the holidays have arrived!
I think I'll crawl back into bed with my little girl and turn on a Christmas movie.

(I know it's a bit early, but you can't blame a girl for being excited!)


.......................................................



On a completely unrelated note, check out the sky from our family room window this morning. The light coming through the clouds was so pretty...



..........................................................


Oh, and one more thing...

Yesterday we had a big surge of spam come through in the way of comments. So, unfortunately, I have had to turn on the "word verification" setting. I know that it can be a pain to have to go through that extra step when leaving a comment and I apologize for that.
Hopefully this will keep the unwanted spam comments at bay.

Thanks for understanding!





P.S. Over the past several days I have had plenty of time to browse magazines and there are some really cute ideas for Thanksgiving dinner out there!
Can't wait to show you my favorites!

18 comments:

TRICIA @ The Zoo said...

Hi Karla.
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Everybody seems to be getting pummeled by this flu stuff this year. Ick! Chicken soup always makes it better though. (Especially when you don't have to cook it!)

Hopefully after today you will be back to your healthy, happy self.

XO*Tricia

Photographing Mom said...

Yay, Mom!!

Glad you're feeling better.

Love that sky. :o)

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

Get some rest!! It is so much fun to crawl in bed with your kids and watch a movie...in the middle of the day!
Janell

Stephanie @ A Fine House said...

Aren't Moms the best?
Isn't chicken noodle soup the best?
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Lori E said...

Mom brought chicken soup and candy. You have the best mom ever.
Get better.

So far I have been lucky with the comments on my site. Remember that the verification doesn't have to stay on forever. When they don't get what they want they will move on.

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

Mom always knows what's best!! Glad you are feeling better.
Danielle

Simply Mel said...

How is it that Mom's always know best?!?! I'm drooling over your fever feeder!

Mama Thompson said...

Oh how I miss Frangos...I am going to have to have Vicki bring me some when she comes for Thanksgiving...I LOVE the mint ones. Glad you are feeling better and that mom is there to help out:)

Simply Stated ~ Rebecca said...

Glad your are feeling better but be sure to continue to get lots of rest for a while...it seems to take forever to start feeling back to normal ~ We just had a run of the flu too.
Even had fun watching lots of Christmas movies with my little man! ;-)

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Sniff, sniff... there is nothing like a mom!
Gald you are feeling better.

Vivian said...

How very sweet of your Mom, Karla! My Mother lives so far away that I never get that treatment! :( Glad you are feeling better.

Never had a Frango...but of course now I will have to taste them!

LuLu said...

Moms are the best! rest up and feel better!!!
LuLu

Andrea said...

Soup from Metropolitan market and frangos! YUM! I'd pretend I was sick more often if I was you;)

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Mom's are the best! And those candies look awfully yummy:0)
Karla & Karrie

Sharon said...

Glad you are feeling better. My theory is to feed a cold, feed a fever :-)

Sory to hear you are getting spam ... but it could be worse ... I was reading your post about getting that lovely meal ... then SPAM came up .... I know ... but my mind immediately went to spam in a can ... weird how the mind works!!!
hahahahaha

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Karla,

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Moms are just the best. My mom does stuff like that also.

What a fabulous sky! Thank you for sharing it with us.

~ Tracy

Leen said...

Glad you are on the mend! Great Thanksgiving craft ideas. I think we are going to go somewhere cool this Thanksgiving, like Charleston or somewhere like that. It's too hard to celebrate Thanksgiving at home when you are 800 miles away from your family.

sorry about the spam too, that stinks.

Debora said...

You know what is funny? Frango is Portuguese for chicken, so it was really weird for me to see that beautiful box of candies with the wrong words on it.