Thursday, February 18, 2010

A New Venture For Us...

Something very exciting for us has happened and I am thrilled that I can finally share the details with you!

Three weeks ago I got a call from New York. It was the editor from AOL's DIY Life. She was calling to offer me the opportunity to come on board as a regular contributor and writer for their site.

(Insert squeals of excitement and laughter, here!)

After explaining to me all of the details, responsibilities and expectations...I couldn't refuse the offer! She had found me through my blog and loved what she saw!

(You can bet there was a whole lot of blushing involved...thank goodness she couldn't see me!)

So what can you expect to see from us on DIY Life?

To start, you'll be seeing previous projects that we have worked on and posted on ITLT, but the difference is that each post will be a "How To". A step-by-step process of how it was accomplished, with easy to follow directions.

First up, by request from my editor, the simple key holder that I made for our entryway by our garage...

It is an easy project that is totally customizable to your home's decor and a simple way to achieve the exact look you want for very little cash!

(You can see my original post about it, here)


You can check it out over on DIY Life:

Homemade: Scrabble Key Holder



Our next article...

A "How To" for our Living Room Fireplace Makeover.

We have received many emails about the details of this project, so an in depth post is definitely in order. I'll let you know when it's published!


We will also be working on brand new projects that will be featured on DIY Life. We have some big ones planned for 2010 and we can't wait to get started on them!


In March, DIY Life will be relaunching with a whole new look and feel and I am so excited to be a part of it. If you have never visited DIY Life (part of the AOL Network) head over and browse around. It's packed with useful tips, good information, craft projects, reviews and How To's. Chances are, if you're visiting ITLT, then DIY Life is right up your alley!


Enjoy!




46 comments:

Cottage Dreamers said...

Oh wow! Congratulations!

Erika @ BluLabel Bungalow said...

Wow Karla what an awesome opportunity!! Now an even broader audience can benefit from all your greatness!!! Many Kudos to you!

emptynest4two said...

That is so wonderful! I am jumping with excitment for you!

Molly said...

You deserve it. you have great ideas to share.

Marianne@Songbird said...

That is wonderful! They really know how to spot talent don't they. Have fun with it, and don't forget about us, ordinary bloggers now that you are moving up into glamourland lol.

Irene said...

Awesome! Congratulations. That's a terrific opportunity.

Shannon said...

congrats! That is fabulous news! I cant wait to learn more about it.

Rachelle said...

Karla! You go girl! I'm excited for you, can't wait to see everything!

Rachelle

Amy said...

Congratulations! How wonderful!

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

Can I jump up and down in excitement for you?!!!! A huge congratulations, what fabulous news. You will do an amazing job!
Janell

Mindy said...

How exciting! Congratulations on your new opportunity!

Sarah said...

Holy moly!!! Congratulations, that is an amazing opportunity!!! Way to go:)

Allie and Pattie said...

Congratulations!! Amazing things happen in Blogland!
xoxo Pattie

Amanda said...

Congrats! That is totally awesome!

TheVirginiaHouse said...

That is so cool! Congratulations to you, I look forward to seeing your work over there. Always enjoy your blog!

Mary Jean, also known as "The Dough Nut" said...

So excited for you!!! I can't wait to see it all unfold! I LOVE your house!!!! I am going to do the board and batten thing in my master bedroom sometime this year...thanks for inspiration!!!!

Katherine said...

Wow! Congratulations! That's a very big deal.

amelquist said...

Congrats! What a huge honor for you!

Lynda @ SportsMadGirl said...

Oh WOW, Congratulations! That's just cool!!

misty w. said...

Congratulations...how exciting!

Tara said...

congratulations!!! I am so excited for you and good luck!

Emily said...

Congratulations! Very exciting :)

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

That is awesome! Good for you.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Congratulations, Karla!! :) What an amazing opportunity. :)

Tricia said...

Oh my gosh, Karla! How exciting! Congratulations. I can't wait to check it out.

XO* Tricia

Megan said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to read it!

~Megan

The Little Red Shop said...

How wonderful! Congratulations!

: )

Julie M.

Hi Sly Ldy said...

This is so Wonderful Karla. I am happy to say and be proud of what talent that runs in my family. This is great. I'm very proud of you. Much love and success

cait said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to the DIY project tutorials! :)

Debora said...

Wow! Congratulations!
You really really deserve it!

Sarah said...

Congratulations, I'm so excited to follow you over to your new venture at AOL. You have such fabulous style I'd follow you anywhere! ;>
God's blessings,
Sarah :D

Jenny @ Anything Pretty said...

Congrats! What a great opportunity!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Congratulations, how exciting! :)
Blessings,
Stacey

kelly said...

that's awesome, i can't wait to see more of your DIY, love it!

Leen said...

You know it's been driving me nuts wondering what your secret was!!

Congratulations on this well deserved opportunity!

Sandi said...

Oh My! How exciting. You deserve to be pulled from the scores of bloggers and be discovered for your great ideas. Good luck.
Sandi
impatientcajun.blogspot.com

sweetjeanette said...

Congrats! I have only just found your blog and I can see whey they'd want you as a contributor!

Melanie said...

How wonderful for you. Congratulations!

Brenda said...

Congratulations! That is exciting!

My Yellow House said...

Congratulations! I just read through your whole blog - glad to find you - and no wonder they picked you! Fabulous inspiration and a beautiful home ~
Sarah

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

How wonderful! I am so excited for you! I had never heard of DIY Life and had to check it out. I really like it! :) I saw your contribution too, and think you did a great job!
Congratulations!

frugal farmhouse design said...

I love your blog! Congratulations on your new venture, I will be faithfully following. All the best, Lori

Lori E said...

Well what took them so long to find you and your fabulosity? I know.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Congrats--what a wonderful opportunity!

Lisa B. said...

Congratulations!

Nishant said...

Congratulations! That is exciting!
work at home in india