Friday, February 5, 2010

Super Bowl Food - This One Takes The Cake...


...er...dip.

Just in case you were looking to go all out (and I mean...ALL OUT) on your Super Bowl Party this weekend, but were still searching for the perfect bit of inspiration...

Look no further.

I present to you,

The Greatest Snack Food Stadium Ever Built

as declared by Holy Taco.

And I have to agree!

Honestly, I had no idea that people went this "all out" for the big game.

To see what went into creating this ridiculously impressive, you-won't-believe-what-all-is-in-it creation, click here for the "How To".

And it's huge. Consider yourself warned...you will feel full
just from looking at the photos!



If you're looking to tone down your theme a bit, how about meatloaf shaped like a football?

Easy. Cute!



And if you're just looking for some good ole' snack food to keep the crowds bellies full and satisfied, how about...



For dessert, this Football Cake is pretty cute...


Or how about cupcakes?


And while we're on the subject of your Super Bowl Party, I fell in love with these DIY coasters as soon as I saw them...

look closely...

can you tell what they are?

Astroturf!

Such a simple idea and perfect for game day!


This Football Field Runner and Football Coasters are a cute idea too...



And I'm tempted to make these for Ellison - with or without a football game to cheer for...

How cute are those?



So where will you be this Sunday?

Hosting a Super Bowl Party?

Maybe going as a guest?

Either way, I hope it's a great one for you!


Have a great weekend, everyone!


15 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

How cute! Some really fun ideas there-thanks for sharing
xoxo Pattie

Meredith Travels said...

I'm going as a guest to a Superbowl Party and I was thinking I would bring just a little easy something like veggie slices and hummos but maybe I'll bring that AND some astroturf coasters. Too cute!

Thanks for the post and have a great weekend!

High Heels and Aprons said...

We are totally THOSE people that go all out for the Superbowl! I cut a piece of AstroTurf that fit nicely onto our kitchen island and then we spray painted on the grid iron with white paint. It looks ridiculously cute. My husband would not say "cute" I am sure!

Ally @ High Heels & Aprons

SweetMelissa said...

Oh. My. Goodness. YUM!!!

please, please, please, consider joining our linky party for clever and creative ways to display superbowl snacks!! This post is great!

Missy

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Yum and super cute! I especially love the football cupcakes because I think I could pull those off :). (Love your new look by the way!)

Life At Camellia Cottage said...

How crazy!

Hubby will be watching the game and all the 'talking heads' hype before it. Me, I'll be in my studio playing with paper, etc. making cards. We've already put in our order for Pizza online, there is salsa in the fridge, chips in the pantry and we're good!

Cassie said...

OMG! That stadium in the first pic is incredible! I'm afraid I'd miss the game entirely with all those goodies! Thanks for sharing....and thanks so much for linking up to our junker's challenge!

Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama said...

OH wow! I was needing superbowl ideas but maybe not THAT fancy! Great ideas!

thesavedquarter said...

The stadium made me laugh out loud! Thanks for the ideas.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

We are sooooo snowed in and hubs is recuperating after minor surgery. I might make some chocolate chunk oat bars and call it a day. ;)

Tracy said...

Some really fun and cute ideas! Thanks for sharing! = )

Melanie said...

I totally love to cook and bake but there is NO WAY that I would make that contraption:) I am making queso, salsa, and wings.

I did love the astro turf coasters. Very cute.

Ashley said...

Those cupcakes are adorable!

Ashley said...

Those cupcakes are adorable!

Leen said...

What cute ideas! Thanks for sharing them.

I was home sick on the couch (and I am still here!) while my guys went to a party. They had fun and it was quiet here so it worked out ok :)