Friday, March 5, 2010

The Wardrobe. Or Armoire...


Definition:

Wardrobe - (noun) - A tall piece of furniture that provides storage space for clothes; has a door and rails or hooks for hanging clothes.

Or if we were French, we would call it an armoire.

Either way, I'm tired of calling this new-to-me piece of furniture
"Ellison's dresser-hutch thing".

So let's go with armoire.


Yesterday wasn't quite as productive as I had hoped. Painting furniture with a three year old running around is stressful (at best). Luckily, Ellison got to go play with some of her little girlfriend's for a few hours (Thank You, Kelly!) and I was able to get on one good, solid coat of paint. So, progress is slow and steady. But even though it took way longer than I had hoped it would, I think it's looking great...






Today I'll put on the second coat of paint and hope (with fingers crossed tightly) that it will be good enough not to require a third coat. We'll see.

That's just my impatience talking. I cannot wait to get the knobs back on it and call the project complete!


Thanks for all of your encouragement and kind words from yesterday's post!

Like I've said before...

you guys are the best cheerleader's!




20 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

looking good. anticipating seeing the final product.

Isabella & Max Rooms said...

Karla, this is looking great!!!! Are you tempted to say "I told you so" to anyone?! Janell

Mari said...

Gorgeous...you are amazing!

Jessica said...

Looking great! Cant wait for the finished product! :)

Julie said...

Looks adorable! Would be sweet with green crystal knobs...

Becca said...

I really want a piece like this in my hallway, by my dining room. I can't convince my husband it's a good idea. Maybe I'll buy it and threaten to just store it in the garage! Seemed like that helped convince your hubby!

Trish said...

Are you kidding me?!?! It's GENIUS!!! I'd say it's already a success. Way to go!

emptynest4two said...

Love it, and you are a genius!

Astrid said...

It's looking great! I think it'll be a great addition to your daughter's room!

Astrid said...

It's looking great! I think it'll be a great addition to your daughter's room!

Denise said...

it is darling. i love the feeling of completing a project.

Allie and Pattie said...

It's a fabulous piece! And it will be SO functional!
xoxo Pattie

Jaime @ Our Journey said...

Just in case you didn't know ... your Riddling Rack is featured in the Storque on Etsy! I saw it featured and remembered your blog post about so I stopped by! I know sometimes if your not on Etsy everyday you miss those special spotlights. Here is the link to your feature! Congrats!

http://www.etsy.com/storque/spotlight/etsy-finds-grape-expectations-7327/

MamaBug said...

I am so impressed!

The Little Red Shop said...

It's looking wonderful!

: )

Julie M.

Do you have it secured to the wall?

Melanie said...

I am loving the color. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Vivienne said...

Brilliant!

Caroline said...

Great Work!
Caroline

Jill said...

It looks fantastic-like it was custom built!
Good job :)

Down Pillow said...

Such a cute piece....whatever you call it :)