Tuesday, June 29, 2010

If You Like Tiramisu...


Then you're gonna' love these!


How good does that look?!


Not only was June 20th Father's Day, but it was also Will's birthday!

Sadly, he was flying that day, but he arrived home at 4am on the 21st and went straight to sleep, which gave me plenty of time to prepare an especially decadent breakfast for him.

Will makes the best Tiramisu (thanks to Williams-Sonoma and their delicious "Dessert" recipe book) and he is the resident breakfast-maker around here, so I definitely had a lot to live up to and I was feeling the pressure! Granted, it was entirely self imposed, but I really wanted them to turn out perfectly.

And they did.

:)

The recipe for these Tiramisu Pancakes comes from The Ivory Hut and you must check out the post on how these pancakes came to be.


The pancakes, creamy filling, and the glaze are all made from scratch, but the directions are so easy to follow and the effort is definitely worth it!

Needless to say, Will was extremely impressed and a very happy Birthday Boy and Father!

When I grabbed my camera to snap a picture, he had already made it through 2/3 of the stack...


They were really, really yummy!


So if you like Tiramisu, you must try these!


Enjoy!




10 comments:

Lori E said...

I love tiramisu. My recipe is so expensive to make that I rarely make it. Now I will have to check this out and see if it is a replacement for the dessert. Mmmmmm.

Rach said...

MMM, nice twist!

Simply LKJ said...

My youngest daughter LOVES Tiramisu...will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

L. Sloan said...

Sounds great, I can't wait to try these!

Val said...

Tiramisu is my all time favorite!!!! This looks wonderful.

Between3Sisters.com said...

I am so making this on Sunday for my hubby's breakfast! Looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Ms. Bake-it said...

I love Tiramisu! Not sure how I missed Ivory Hut's post about the Tiramisu Pancakes. They look scrumptious! I am definitely going to make these for breakfast on Sunday! Thank you for sharing them with us.

~ Tracy

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

I make Tiramisu for my family since we love it. Never thought if making pancake tiramisu. I will have to look after that. ;)

SweDaisy said...

Wow looks delicious, Great job.

Take care,
Lisa

Pamela said...

Bet those were super yummy! Wish I baked/cooked more often.