Sunday, October 3, 2010

Corn Husk Wreaths...


I have found a new Fall interest this year.

Corn Husk Wreaths

I don't think I have ever seen these before, but while browsing Etsy I stumbled upon these from

The Keepers' House


I think they are beautiful...




She added the tassels from the stalks on this one...

So pretty!

And priced between just $15 and $25, they look well worth the money!



But...me being me, I started thinking...

Could I just make one myself?

Then good ole' Google led me to Suzanne...

A full post, complete with a How-To!

You have got to check out her tips on making your own. She gives clear step-by-step instructions and tells you exactly where to buy husks this time of year.

Thank you, Suzanne!



Martha has a tutorial for her version of a Harvest Wreath...


I like hers too!


But I gotta' say, I think I like the untamed version from The Keepers' House better...




So when it comes to seasonal wreaths, where do you stand?

Easier to buy pre-made? Or worth the effort of DIY?





6 comments:

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

LOVE the wreaths...they just say FALL!!! I used to make some similar back in the 80's (!)...fun & pretty but messy to make with all the soaking of the husks, etc.! I might be inclined to buy one of those gorgous already made ones, myself!!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful wreath and a great price. Thanks for sharing. Going to go check out her etsy shop!
Wendy

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

Love these and would definitely go the DIY route!! Janell

Lori E said...

Oh I am a do it myself kinda gal for sure. Which is precisely why I have so many unfinished projects around the house.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Well I'm all about DIY. I saw those corn husk wreaths about a month ago (the same ones you posted, in fact) and was really inspired. However, I went to Michael's and was unable to buy dried corn husks and corn season is over here, soooo a friend and I gathered grasses and other fall things and made our own wreaths. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. It makes me happy when I come home and see the wreath on our front door. You can see it here: http://gracie-senseandsimplicity.blogspot.com/2010/09/autumn-wreath.html

Miranda said...

I like the concept of DIY, but when it comes down to it, sometimes it worth just buying it already done and moving on to other things. I'm an instant gratification girl, so my desire to do DIY often gets overpowered by my frustration of not having it done. I love the corn husk wreaths a lot!