Friday, October 15, 2010

A Subtle Reminder...



Because it is the little things that make a house a home...

I had been wanting to put this saying above the doors in our hallway for quite a while, and I knew that Eileen (the one and only "Leen The Graphics Queen") was just the girl to help me do it!

She was able to match the font in the header of my blog perfectly, and sized it exactly how I asked her to...



Now, I would love to say that I was cool as a cucumber while putting it up, but in all reality, I was super nervous that I was going to mess it all up. Luckily, Eileen sends clear and precise instructions with her decals, so it certainly wasn't that I didn't have the "tools" necessary to do it correctly. For me, it was that I had chosen the font that I love - thin and scripty and, most importantly, believably hand painted. But these three things were also what could have led me to mess the whole thing up!

Thank goodness that my nerves didn't get the best of me!


I *love* it!

What I love most about the decal:

1. It has a matte finish, so it doesn't show the texture of the wall underneath it.

2. It is super thin vinyl. I was really surprised when I opened the cute, little box from Eileen and saw the material. This is not your average, store bought decal!

Which leads me to...

3. Thanks to #1 and #2, it really, truly looks like it is hand-painted! Which would not be out of the ordinary for me in my home. Before now, I always hand-painted my words and quotes directly onto the wall or a sign. But let me tell you, those days are gone!

Buh-bye!


I will happily say that I no longer have an aversion to vinyl wall decals...as long as they are from Eileen.

:)


I am so glad that this is the saying that I chose for this space. I love that it has more than one meaning for us, that it sits in the center of our home and that it is a daily reminder to keep in mind what is really important.


A huge Thank You to Eileen for creating exactly what I had imagined!

You're the best! XO

.....................................................................................

Do you have a favorite saying that you would like to put up in your home?

Be sure to check out Leen The Graphics Queen's website and blog.

You will not be disappointed!




P.S. If you become a fan of the "Leen The Graphics Queen" Facebook Fan Page, you are eligible to receive a 10% discount on your order! Check it out Here!

22 comments:

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

The font you chose is perfect and your saying looks great there with the globes above them.

Jen (aka: Photojenic) said...

I love your globe collection! Tell me, how did you find them in all the different sizes? I only have three large ones now, and would love to add some small ones to the mix.
Thanks!

Mindy said...

Thank you for the review - I went over to her website and found so many things I want! Do you know if she'd offer a discount code for your readers?

BTW, I love the saying and where you placed it! It looks fantastic.

Karla said...

Thanks, Ladies! :)

Jen, the small globes came from Target and Cost Plus World Market a while back. I haven't seen them at Target lately, but it might be worth checking out Cost Plus!

Mindy, Eileen has a Facebook Fan Page and if you become a fan and "like" it, you are eligible to receive a 10% discount using the FB code. You can find it on her page! Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/LeenTheGraphicsQueen
Glad that you found some things that you like! It's really hard not to!!

~Karla XO

Anonymous said...

Wow -- everything looks gorgeous! I ordered a "welcome" vinyl decal for my front door from Leen last week. It arrived in just a few days, I put it on my front door without any problems, thanks to her detailed instructions, and the compliments have been rolling in ever since. Everyone who has come to my house since I've put the sign up wants one, so I expect Leen to be getting quite a few orders from Overland Park, Kansas. Leen is great!

an encourager said...

I thought they were hand-painted! Neat!

Jenn... said...

Hi,

Love your new lettering! Do you know where you got all those cool little globes from?

Thanks!

Suzy said...

I've always liked the name of your blog and this looks wonderful above the doors!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I understand you. In it something is also to me it seems it is excellent thought. I agree with you.

Serendipitous Home said...

Hi Karla,
We are finishing up our mud/laundry back porch room and I envisioned "Home is where you hang your hat" on the trim above the coat hooks in the same effect you have just done. Thanks for showing me how great it will look. I'm going to check into Leen's website and go for it.
It looks amazing!

Sandra

Katie - Sofa said...

Just a quick note from a first time poster; thanks for the work that you put into this blog! I for one appreciate it very much.

Paula Jo @ home accents said...

You should be very proud of yourself. It looks fantastic! You did a super job, and I'm glad your nerves didn't interfere with the project. lol Leen done a wonderful job in designing it for you. I tell you, I couldn't have done it any better than you did. Great Job!!

Seedplanter Designs said...

SO pretty, Karla. Love the soft pink, and those words by Eileen add the perfect finishing touch.

Anonymous said...

Excuse for that I interfere … I understand this question. Write here or in PM.

A-M said...

It's perfection. Your quote is the reason I was rummaging in my storage shed on the weekend... for 'little things' I miss while in 'residential transition'. A-M xx

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I am loving that! What a beautiful job.
Another friday's favorite for sure :-)

lisa at fix it yourself said...

This looks just great. It has given me some ideas for a space above my kitchen sink and also one above the guest bathroom mirror. . .I mentioned you on my blog today. Thanks so much!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Karla, Now this is a saying to live by! Remembering all of life's little gifts and blessings make for a joyful life and and happy heart. Good advice!

I have a study all to myself and I have a decal above my door that says, "I have flying monkeys and I am not afraid to use them." Fun saying, but not nearly as inspirational as yours!
I love the collection of globes.
So nice to stop by today!
Yvonne

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

How perfect, love everything about it, the size, font, where you put it...and the collection of globes above! Are a couple of the "piggy" banks? I have two that look very similar. :)
Janell

vicki archer said...

This looks absolutely wonderful....such a novel idea, I love it....xv

Crystal said...

This looks great! Perfect with your globes!! I've got a quote I need to get Leen to make! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

It looks beautiful!! She does amazing work! And I do love those globes too!!