Saturday, November 13, 2010

Grown-Up Grilled Cheese...


I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

Actually, I'm not a fan at all.

Bread, butter and cheddar cheese all put together is not what I crave. Ever.


But when I saw this story in a recent issue of Martha Stewart magazine, I was definitely tempted. I could do Grown-Up Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, for sure.


They are, as follows:


Gruyere, Prosciutto, Arugula, and Tomato on White...

*Yum!*


Fontina, Harissa, and Pear on Rye...


Gruyere, Apple, and Sage on Rye...


Cheddar, Dijon Mustard, Bacon, Tomatoes, Avocado, and Pepper on Sourdough...


Gruyere, Red Onion, Prosciutto, and Pepper on Rye...


Cheddar, Jalapeno, and Cilantro on White...


Gruyere, Oil-Packed Sardines, Peppadew Peppers, and Arugula on Rye...


Cheddar, Cherry Preserves, and Basil on White...


Fontina, Oil-Packed Tuna, and Relish on White...


Cheddar, Bacon, and Pickles on Sourdough...


Mmmmm...


It all sounds (and looks) like really, yummy comfort food. And it's cold and rainy here today, which makes it a perfect day for a steaming cup of hot soup and a tasty, melted sandwich.

The only problem is...how to choose which sandwich to make first!




11 comments:

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Oh, you're making this preggo girl drool!

Leave a Trail... said...

WOW...and I just bought a panini grill. These are great combos! Thanks for the ideas!!

Janine said...

Hi Karla. Visiting your blog for the first time. It's so "cozy" and welcoming. Gotta say that I feel hungry now though ;)

jennifer @ What Would Jen Do said...

I won't eat a grilled cheese unless it's made with american cheese. i hate them with cheddar.

Laurie Anne said...

We love the "#4" from the QFC deli. Provalone, turkey breast, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and pesto on soughdough. Soooo yummy, the perfect thing on a gray and wet day :0)

Nina Patricia @ The Adventures of Nina Patricia said...

I saw Martha on Oprah doing a grilled Cheese bar. I love mine with bacon and tomatoes...it was called a "Happy waitress" back in NJ :)
I'll take any one of those.

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

A grilled cheese and tomato with tomato soup is my comfort food. Mmmm. That first one sounds especially good...thanks for sharing. :)

Olivia @ Swan White Curtain said...

As a cheese-lover to the core, my mouth is watering. Yikes!

Nancy Thomas said...

Martha cooked those up on an Oprah show not too long ago. My mouth was literally watering for them. Of course it didn't help that I was on a diet and hadn't even seen a piece of cheese in months!

nateandkatesmom said...

I'm a big fan of basic grilled cheese....with Velveeta melting out the sides-YUM! So these fancied-up versions could only be better, right? Except the one with sardines....don't know about that!

Rhiannon said...

i LUV grilled cheese and look they go and make it even better!!!