Monday, November 29, 2010

That's A Wrap...


I've been working on my mantels for the past few days - putting a holiday twist on the main focal points of our family room and living room. For the most part, I am using what I have and, patiently, going with the flow. I didn't have a plan or direction that I was aiming in, at all. I just knew that I wanted it to be...

festive, colorful and whimsical.


So far, so good!

But my plain Jane white candles just weren't cutting it for me.


Luckily, all it took was a little of this...

Inexpensive sheer, wired ribbon and some of that indoor/outdoor ribbon that you can get, well...everywhere right now. I had both sitting in a bin from last Christmas and it turned out to be just what I needed for my candles this year.

A little wrap, and they take on a whole new custom look that fits perfectly with my Christmas decor this year...


So easy.

Too easy, really!

Which is just how I like it!

9 comments:

McCarty and Company said...

I love that Karla, and have the same sheer ribbon. :-)
You have the greatest ideas. I'm not here everyday, but when I get a chance to catch up on your blog......I LOVE IT!!! ;-) My creation this year, was on your blog last year......the wreath made from different size Christmas balls. LOVE IT. When going through my boxes of Christmas decor, last week, I have the NEW ornaments labeled for a wreath. :-) It will be my TREAT after the house is sparkling clean and the tree is up. Thank you so much for all your great ideas and for taking the time to share them with us. Your home is a dream!!!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!! Blessings!!!

Colleen said...

what a great idea!!

Did you use fresh greenery for your mantle? I was thinking of trying it but never have so was not sure.

Simply LKJ said...

Love that idea! Still tweaking ours. Love the live greenery, but last year it was such a mess. It dries out to quickly with the heat on.

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

Now this is my idea of great holiday decor...really!! Easy, easy, easy!!! Janell

Simply Mel said...

Looks absolutely beautiful and so festive!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I love to use ribbon on my candles too!!! I also use gift wrap paper...it's really cute...come by and check out some of mine from last year.

Blessings,
Linda

I’m hosting a CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE on 12/9…would love to have you join in on the FUN!!!

Cheryl said...

Good idea! Thanks! I love pretty and I love cheap!
xox
cheryl

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Very pretty, Karla! You certainly have a way with candles. I remember a few others you've done as well.

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Autaven said...

Great idea!

http://notsocountry.blogspot.com/